10 reasons to include a pharmacy nurse in your workers’ compensation program
What is a pharmacy nurse?
Pharmacy nurses are specially trained case managers who focus on at-risk claims due to emerging and complex pharmacy utilization, and communicate with prescribing physicians, injured workers, and claims handlers to positively impact drug utilization. By using a wider lens to manage all aspects of the claim, these nurses:
• Ensure patient engagement, safety, and education
• Confirm pharmacy utilization is medically appropriate and supports a timely recovery
• Enable timely medical stability and return-to-work
• Consult with case managers when complex pharmacy issues are identified on open claims
• Provide consultation to claims handlers on pharmacy questions and issues
• Review monthly pharmacy trend reports
• Collaborate with clinical pharmacists on alternative medications
• Utilize drug utilization assessment (DUA) to assist in provider discussions
Download the 10 reasons to include this powerful resource in any pharmacy program.